The UppaBaby Knox Convertible Car Seat - Jake Black is the first convertible car seat from UPPAbaby. A natural extension in the category after the success of the MESA infant car seat, the KNOX provides a rear-facing and forward-facing solution for parents as their baby outgrows the infant car seat.
The UppaBaby Knox Convertible Car Seat - Jake Black features a SMARTSecure System, similar to the MESA that provides visual indication that turns from red to green demonstrating when the car seat is correctly installed. With a focus on safety, its Energy Response Technology provides comprehensive side impact protection throughout the seat from top to bottom while the Multi-Directional Tether reduces rotation of the seat and stress on the child’s head and neck. Intelligently incorporated into the base of the KNOX, Koroyd provides superior impact absorption by utilizing technology developed from aerospace safety research.
Upgrades for 2021 Uppababy Knox
- Recline Indicator – Labeling system provides clear instructions on what positions are acceptable for Rear-Facing and Forward-Facing mode.
- Two-Piece Fit Inlay – Inlay allows for flexibility and proper fit in the harness system.
- Wider Base – Increased in size to help with stability while installed in a vehicle.
The base of the KNOX features the same impact protection technology as used in high-performance sporting goods. In the event of a serious accident, Koroyd’s welded tube structure crumbles instantly and consistently on impact, absorbing more impact force while reducing acceleration.
- SMARTSecure™ system provides visual confirmation the car seat is installed correctly
- Energy Response Technology provides unparalleled side impact protection, including:
- Active Response Headrest utilizes absorption and recovery properties of foam including EPP to deliver protection to the head and neck that grows with your child
- Side Impact Pods on side of the shell spread forces in the event of a side impact crash
- Impact Dispersion Zone utilizes EPP throughout the seat as well as strategically placed between the inner and outer shell to ensure crash forces are absorbed into the seat rather than the child
- Koroyd technology, integrated into the base, crumples instantly and consistently on impact to absorb force and reduce acceleration. This creates an effective crumple zone protecting the child from impact forces.
- Multi-Directional Tether reduces seat rotation and stress on a child’s head and neck in both front and rear impact crashes accounting for a 45% reduction in injury
- Nine-position no-rethread harness adjusts with headrest
- Passive Side Impact Protection – it’s ALWAYS there – no required action by the caregiver
- Dual-sided bead level indicators
- Yellow tether hook paired with black and yellow webbing tastefully remind parents about the importance of attaching the tether in both forward and rear facing modes.
- Included cup holder that can be attached to either side of the seat
- Color coded vehicle belt guides with robust lock offs
- Storage pockets keep harness buckles out of way for easy loading
- 4-position adjustable foot for leveling
- Removable + washable seat fabric
- Rear-facing convertible from 14 – 65 lbs
- Fit inlay required rear-facing from 14 – 25 lbs
- Forward-facing convertible from 25 – 65 lbs
- Height up to 49”